Welcome

This blog was started as my reflections on the 2011 Change MOOC. It is now an on going journal of my thoughts on Higher Education, specifically teaching Biology.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Projects

It has been a while since I last posted, but it has been a productive (and frustrating) summer.  Doing the mini-MOOC with my biology class last semester taught me a great deal, and I've had to go back and reconsider/revise some of my tactics.  I also started working with our university's public relations arm to brand my new project (one day our tech people will let me use .edu with my domain...but I won't hold my breath).

The project is Biology Open Learning Opportunities, or BOLO for short.  The home for the project can be found at http://www.bologsu.us/BOLO_project/.  The BOLO Project website is ultimately a gateway to a site constructed using MOODLE.  From here, I have a platform where I can deliver open content for my courses.  Anyone who participates will have the opportunity to earn badges (I have the start of this system, but will continue to work on it), and there will be a final badge for course completion.  Since this is linked to the courses I teach at Georgia State University, the course will correspond with the GSU semester.  Hopefully though, the information, assignments and extras will be of help to anyone with an interest in biology.

If you visit the BOLO project site, you will find a message saying that it is still under construction and that the opening date will be August 10th.  That is my general timeline to open things up to the public.

Well, here's hoping it works the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment